Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Why?

Lately Mackenzie loves to ask "Why?" She says it all the time. Here's an example of one of our recent conversations:

Macky: Mom, I don't see any dinosaurs here.
Me: There aren't any dinosaurs anymore.
Macky: Why?
Me: Because they all died.
Macky: Why?
Me: Because they got old and died.
Macky: Why?

Okay, so I'm no expert in paleontology. But, you get my point. So today, I was talking to Mackenzie about how she says "why" all the time. So here's how the conversation played out:

Mom: So, Macky, you say "why" a lot.
Macky: Why?
Mom: I don't know why. Maybe you know why.
Macky: Because I just need to. Jesus created our mouths so we can say "why."

So now you know. If you have a child who constantly asks you "why" after everything you say, just remember it's all part of the plan!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh the joys of the toddler mind. That all sounds too familiar with my Berlyn as well. It's either "why" or "huh" ALL the time!