Monday, May 11, 2009

Gift of Prophecy

Yesterday, we learned about spiritual gifts in Relief Society. It was a really good lesson (even better since I got released and didn't have to teach it.) One of the spiritual gifts was the gift of prophecy. It was explained that we can have this gift when we receive personal revelation. Well, it seems that Mackenzie has this gift and can receive revelation for not only herself, but for our family as well. Today, we were talking about how dogs can scratch behind their ears (we were watching 101 Dalmatians.) Here's the rest of the conversation--

Mackenzie: I bet when we have a dog, it will scratch behind its ears.
Mom: Yeah, someday we might have a dog. Maybe in a few years or so.
Mackenzie: Well, what about after the baby comes.
Mom: How about after we have a baby boy.
Mackenzie: You're not going to have a baby boy.
Mom: Why not?
Mackenzie: Because Jesus isn't going to give you one.

1 comment:

The Harveys said...

I think Jesus has been giving ME all your boys and giving you all my girls! Just kiddin! You should get a dog. I wasn't sure I wanted one and I love my dog so much it is crazy. You should bring Mackenzie by to visit my dog and our new kittens. We miss you!