Saturday, March 13, 2010

Six Tunnels 5K Run

A few weeks ago, I signed up for a 5K. I don't really know why except that I wanted get in shape, lose some baby weight and be an active mom/role model for my kids. So, I started running. At first it was pretty hard and I was feeling pretty old. But, now I really like to run. On days that I can't run (b/c I can't wake up early or b/c of busy season) I sort of miss it. This week Abe was really busy so I only got to run twice. The race of course was today. So, I didn't know how I would do or even if I could make it the whole way. My goal was to run the entire 3.1 miles without stopping or walking. I am happy to say, "I did it." I don't know my overall time but it was under 30 minutes. It was a really fun race, overlooking Lake Mead. The wind was kind of feisty but overall it was great. My favorite part was when I got home Mackenzie saw my medal (that everyone gets) and she said, "Mom, you won!"

1 comment:

Alex said...

good job!
When are you coming to Utah (dates?)