Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day 2008: Not So Happy

I just want to take this moment to tell my husband "Happy day after Father's Day" since yesterday wasn't great to say the least.

It started off early in morning when Brooklyn woke up at 5:30 a.m. We hadn't gone to bed until after 1:00 a.m. so I was very cranky. I gave her a bottle and tried getting her to fall back asleep. Didn't work. I finally got up and went to the kitchen to make Abe's Father's Day breakfast. He wanted sausage, fried egg and toast to dip in his fried egg. Yuck! I got pretty upset when I noticed the clean dishes were still in the dishwasher. Abe had told me the night before that he had unloaded the dishwasher. I expressed my emotions to Abe when he got up to eat his breakfast. I guess he had unloaded the dishes Saturday morning but I had washed more that day and I thought he had unloaded them again.

After we returned home from church, I began preparations for dinner. I was making Homemade Chicken PotPie. It's really good and one of our favorite recipes. I totally screwed it up. I placed the veggies and chicken in the bottom pie crust and then put on the top crust and stuck it in the oven. A few minutes later I realized that I forgot to put in the sauce. I took it out of the oven but it was too late. The crust was too gooey to remove. We had nothing else to eat. So I got upset and just ran to our room frustrated. Mackenzie ran after me yelling, "I'm sorry your pie is ruined!' Abe, the amazing father and husband that he is, fixed the potpie which turned out to look more like a volcano. It was still really good. So thanks to Dad, the day was saved.

So, I am really glad I have a husband who loves me even when I'm at my worst. He's the best father in the world. Our children are so lucky to have him. He works really hard for our family and never complains. He always sees the glass "half full." I am very proud of him. So to Abe, I love you and appreciate you very much. Have a wonderful Day after Father's Day.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Loved your story April! Thank goodness for the stable men in our lives. We women can be pretty emotional.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oh that's too bad, days like that are the worst! Glad you still got dinner though!