Saturday, June 7, 2008

Locks of Love

Well, I finally did it! I chopped off my hair! Whenever I cut my hair short, I usually have hairstyle remorse. But not this time. I love it. My stylist, Linda did a great job. The best thing about this haircut is that my long locks are not being swept up off the floor of the hair salon but are going to Locks of Love. It's a charity to help make wigs for children who are suffering from hair loss. This is the best haircut ever! I feel great about my decision. I only wish I could have grown it out longer but it was getting very heavy, hot and difficult to manage. It was definitely time for a chopping! I told Abe that I plan to donate again in a couple of years. If you want more info about this wonderful organization visit their website at:
When I got home from the salon, Mackenzie asked me,"Mom, why did you cut your hair like that?" I asked, "Do you like it?" Her response was, "Uh...No." Brutally honest. I think Brooklyn didn't even recognize me at first. She kept rubbing my hair and saying "Hi." I am glad she loves me unconditionally.

5 comments:

Swensen Family said...

You are brave for taking off that much but I must say that it turned out great! You look really good in that picture :)!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I really like it, you look really cute! I always get scared to cut my hair.

Linford Family said...

Wow, it looks really good! I cut my hair after xmas and Kade was a little reserved around me for a little while. It was funny.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

It's great! Wow your hair was really long! Good for you for donating it!

Josh and Lauren said...

You look fantastic...sersiously what a chance. I love it! And the highlights.....NICE! :)