Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A beautiful baby...a beautiful blessing











Ava received her baby blessing this past Sunday. She wore the same dress as did her big sisters when they were blessed. She was such a good baby and so beautiful. Abram gave her the sweetest blessing. There were many things that really stood out to me. One thing, was that she would know good from evil and lean toward the good; that the way she would live her life would help others come closer to our Heavenly Father. I guess that puts a lot of pressure on me to be a better mother--to not only raise a child to be good but to be a blessing to the lives of others. Another thing that was mentioned in the blessing was that she would have a love for life and a love for music. When I heard this, I realized just how in tune with the Spirit Abram was. If it were up to Abe, I think he would have blessed her with a love for sports instead. I am so thankful for him. He is not only a great daddy, but the best daddy. I an grateful for the priesthood which he holds--to be able to bless our children and lead our family. I am so happy to have Ava--such a little princess-- in my life. I hope I can help her live up to her divine potential and be the daughter our Heavenly Father wants her to become.


3 comments:

Kristin said...

You are a good little mama. Ava looks beautiful. I love the new picture at the top of your blog! It's perfect.

Alex said...

sweet. maybe she'll play the flute:)

Ashley said...

Music over sports? Something must be going on here... is Abe giving up his team of 5 bball dream?