Thursday, August 7, 2008

Big Sister turns Bully

As I was trying to get my girls ready for bed tonight, I took them to the bathroom to brush their teeth as we do everynight. Tonight was somewhat different though. I first got Mackenzie's toothbrush ready. While she was brushing away, I put Brooklyn's "safe to swallow" toothpaste on her brush (she hasn't mastered spitting just yet.) When I started to brush Brookie's teeth though, her mouth started to foam up. Did I accidentally put Mackenzie's toothpaste on Brooklyn's brush? Her toothbrush had a wierd odor so I reluctantly decided to taste it. Blah! It was hand soap! Mackenzie had squirted hand soap on her little sister's toothbrush! I immediated washed Brookie's mouth out and then asked Macky, "When did you put soap on your sister's toothbrush?" She replied, "At 6:30 o'clock." So after Macky went to the corner for being naughty, I asked her, "Why did you put soap on her toothbrush?" Her response: "Because I did it because... I did it because...it is wrong." We then had a little "Choose the Right" conversation. Macky apologized and gave Brooklyn a hug. But what's almost more disturbing than big sister bully is that Brooklyn didn't seem to mind her new "toothpaste."

2 comments:

The Harveys said...

Wow! I am happy to hear that it's not just my kids who turn into little monsters once in a while. :) Where did you get your blog template? It is so pretty!

Josh and Lauren said...

Funny...the stories are too good. What's even better is the way mom tells it.